WHY BOOK PLEDGDON BARN?
A warm welcome awaits you at this ancient, romantic venue which offers you exclusive use for your wedding weekend. We love being involved with the beautiful weddings here - each one's unique. Do use our expertise and experience for any advice you need. Pledgdon Barn offers:
- Hire time to midnight (request a quote for longer)
- Use of Barn the day before your event (9am-5pm) for decorative purposes - really handy!
- A free event planning meeting to go through every detail with you, creating a most useful event blueprint.
- Disabled access without steps into a large uninterrupted barn and bar area, full of character
- Excellent, delicious catering by Country Cuisine Ltd. with attractive china, cutlery, linen and glassware etc.
- Drinks service/bar facility by arrangement - click here for details
- Banqueting chairs/tables are included + stage, kitchen, toilets & 'general' heating (though for winter heating, add £95).
- Empty cars can be left in the car park overnight at owners' risk
- You may return up to 9.30am the day after your event to collect back decor, unused drinks, cars or extend this to 2pm for just £85.
Q How many people can the barn hold?
A 150 can sit for a meal, up to 250 are possible for the evening reception, and 100 can sit for a civil ceremony, though more can view it.
Q How much will my reception cost?
A We've included a guideline cost for an average wedding on Your Wedding/Event page. Costs can depend on guest numbers, whether you have a pay bar...how lavish your menu is etc. Just tell us your plans and we'll happily work out the price for your particular requirements.
Q How far in advance do we have to pay?
A We need half the barn hire fee to accept the booking, then the remainder of the hire charge is not due until 12 weeks before your event.
Q Is the Barn warmed in the winter months?
A Yes - the Barn has full central heating!
Q Does Pledgdon Barn have accommodation?
A No and that's why we supply clients with details for many local hotels/B&Bs and have also negotiated discounts at a nearby 4 star hotel. We can put you in touch with cab/taxi companies too.
Q Can we bring our own caterers in?
A Yes, that is indeed sometimes possible though there is a fee - ask about this.
Q Can we bring our own drinks in?
A Yes, and we'll quote for supplying bar staff and glasses etc. - and we'll guide you on quantities to obtain too.
Q We're on the tightest of shoestring budgets yet we love your barn. Help!
A Then our Super Budget Tuesdays are perfect for you. Ring us on 01279 876661 to chat about this.
Q If we want even more space, can we add on a marquee & a play area?
A Yes, you can. You can even have a bouncy castle on the lawn if you wish!
Q Can you recommend a photographer?
A Yes, here's a link to Peter James Morgan at Priceless Images
Q Can we decorate the Barn to suit our theme?
A Yes, every client seems to have their own ideas on decor and that's fine. Obviously, the putting up of decor mustn't harm the Grade II listed building but apart from that - enjoy creating your theme and decor! Have a look at our facebook page for more photos: www.facebook.com/weddingbarn
Q What's the policy about dealing with 'merry stragglers' at the end!
A We ask that in advance the hirer nominates an adult + car who will remain responsible at the event, staying to the end, ensuring all persons have safely left the barn/curtillage (eg last guests collected by taxis/mini bus etc).